Tuesday, March 10, 2009

OB Visit

Today we had a bit of news that gave us a some excitement for a few hours. I went for my scheduled OB visit. I had an ultrasound scheduled because I have been measuring small. I also haven't gained any weight since the end of November. During the ultrasound we discovered this little baby hasn't grown at all over the last 4 weeks. Over the last 8 -10 weeks her growth had declined drastically and now has completely stopped. My OB sent me over for an ultrasound at the hospital and several other tests. Before he sent me over he told me not to eat or drink anything. If any these tests showed something was wrong, he was going to take her today. Thankfully she seems completely healthy, just extremely small. She pretty much quit growing around 33 weeks. They don't have an explanation for why she has stopped growing, just that something is stressing her that they can't figure out at this point. I now have to go in every two days until next Wednesday when I will be induced. If things don't look good at any of those appointments they will take her earlier. My original due date isn't until March 30th, but it looks like she will be here a few weeks earlier. We are hoping she will surprise us and be atleast a little bigger than they are predicting.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! I hope everything goes well. Keep us updated, and you guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck.

Katrina said...

Wow - less than a week to go! You guys will definitely be in our prayers - hang in there!

Phil and Kierstin said...

What an ordeal. You guys will be in our prayers as well, can't have too many people praying for you. Hope all goes well.