Emily began soccer a few weeks ago. This is the first time she has played. She has been quit fun to watch. I am glad that they aren't playing too competitively yet, because I am not sure Emily is ready for that. She skips across the field, instead of runs. She does the conga, gazes off to seemingly nowhere at times, and appears to be playing dance dance revolution instead of soccer. She definitely is a good listener though. She got to be the one throwing the ball into the game from the sideline. Her coach told her to throw it in but then he failed to tell her she could come back into the game. She stood there for the next ten minutes waiting to be told what to do next. This last week she got to be goalie and the ball never came near her. When she came off the field, she informed us that she must be so beautiful that she could just stand there and the ball would stay away from the goal. I think Emily has gotten more compliments on her hair then her play. I am thinking this will be her first and last time to play soccer. I think we are going to look into ballet!
8 years ago

2 comments:
You gotta love soccer! And Emily is right...beauty can be a deturrent ( spelling? ) for the ball! Courtney was kind of the same way for a while...really not interested, just wanted to do it because of friends, skipped, stood around...and every season we would ask her if she still wanted to play...and she keeps saying 'yes', and now she's a pretty good player! But Emily's hair is cute enought to be ballerina hair! So who knows?
This post made me laugh - how cute is she?! And what a good little listener too! I remember when Easton was younger & played 3rd base for t-ball he was listening to the 3rd base coach from the other team & ran on home with the runner. (I think Adam & Caleb were on his team that year too) Gotta love kids & sports! :)
Post a Comment