Monday, October 6, 2008

New Ultrasound


It has been a while since I last posted because I haven't had to much to write about lately. My belly is quickly growing. I have begun seeing a high risk OB along with my original OB. They are both wonderful. I feel so lucky to live here right now and have such great doctors. I had another ultrasound and the baby looks great! If it would have cooperated, we could have found out what it was. I will have another ultrasound on November 6th and hopefully we will know what it is then. I recently started shots of a blood thinner, Lovenox, twice a day. They tell me this will make it so I will not have anymore blood clots in my eye or anywhere else. It is nice to not have to worry about this anymore. The shots burn quit a bit and have left some nasty little bruises, but it is better than worrying constantly about me or the baby. I met with the Neurologist and will be going to Salt Lake City in few weeks to have a specialized scan of my retina. I guess there are only a few of these machines in the country and Utah has one of them. They are trying to determine what part of my retina has been effected and this will hopefully tell them. I still keep hoping that my vision will come back, if not, I just feel blessed everything with this pregnancy has gone so well and we will be welcoming this little life into our home.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to hear everything is going well. I too, feel lucky to have been born in this dispensation...Drugs for childbirth! No, I mean we are truly lucky to have all the medical knowledge and care that is offered...Lucky us!